5 Things to do in Cannon Beach
Looking for things to do in Cannon Beach, the gem of the North Oregon Coast? Here are a few suggestions:
1. Gaze upon Haystack Rock, a remarkable sea stack that rises nearly 250 feet out of the Pacific Ocean right off the coast near midtown Cannon Beach. Look carefully, and you might see a tufted puffin nesting on the rock.
2. Stroll down Hemlock Street, which runs from one end of town to the other. Lined with dozens of wonderful shops and eateries, Hemlock is Cannon Beach’s “Main Street USA.”
3. Sample a delicious craft beer. Cannon Beach is home to three breweries: Public Coast Brewing, Bill’s Tavern and Pelican Brewery, each featuring a selection of smooth, hoppy, delightful craft beer.
4. Hike around Ecola State Park, one of Oregon’s most scenic coastal parks. Located at the far north end of Cannon Beach, Ecola has wonderful viewpoints and a number of hiking trails featuring dramatic views of the coast.
5. Warm up with a cup of heavenly coffee. There’s plenty of good coffee in Cannon Beach so if the mood strikes, head over to Sleepy Monk (midtown Cannon Beach), Insomnia (downtown Cannon Beach), or Sea Level (south Cannon Beach). And for those coffee aficionados, make plans to stop by all three while in town.